Health Benefits of Tamarind Fruit for Body
Tamarind (Tamarindus indica} is a plant which is included in the Fabaceae family and genus Tamarindus, and is believe to originate from tropical regions of Africa, and later spread to many countries such as in South Asia, Southeast Asia, Middle east, North Australia, and Mexico. And tamarind fruit as the results in tamarind tree is generally used as a cooking spice in a wide variety of cuisine in many countries.
Tamarind has several different names such as asam java, asam, asem (Indonesia, Malaysia), Sampaloc (Tagalog), aamlika (Sanskrit), imli (Hindi), hunase (Kannada), vaalanpuli (Malayalam), Imli (Pakistan, Urdu), loan- tz (Taiwan), magee-bin for tree and magee three for fruit (Myanmar), ma-kham (Thailand), maak-Kham (Laos), kily and voamadilo (Malagasy), dawadawa (Ghana), bwemba (Malawi), demir hindi (Turkey) , tamarindo (Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela, and Puerto Rico), and tamon in the Caribbean.
Tamarind tree is a tall tree where the height of the tamarind tree can reach up to 18 m, and diameter can reach 2 m, tamarind tree looks rough tree bark, vertical grooves premises with grayish brown color. Tamarind leaves are usually thick, lush, broad and green. Tamarind tree leaves will fall all at the spring where it will live branches and trees, and then will grow and flower buds followed by young leaves. Tamarind leaf is measuring about 5 to 13 cm.
Tamarind flowers arranged in loose bunches, and is located at the end of the branch or in the armpit leaves with a length of up to 16 cm. tamarind flower has a fragrant odor and is equipped with a yellowish white crown and red veins brown and lengths up to 1.5 cm.
Tamarind fruit tastes sweet, sour and sticky when it is ripe. Inside tamarind fruit rind is brown with veins of clay and hard. Flesh greenish-white when young and turn brown to black when ripe. Tamarind fruit inside tamarind skin in forms such as cylindrical, straight or crooked and narrow between two tamarind seeds. In the tamarind pods are about 10 seeds tamarind with a little square shape, small, blackish brown shiny.
As with other healthy foods in the tamarind fruit contained a variety of nutrients that are good for the health of the body including the protein, carbohydrate, calcium, phosphorus, iron, vitamin A, vitamin B complex, and vitamin C.
Health Benefits of Tamarind
Tamarind fruit is generally used as a spice in various cuisines since the first, and now the tamarind fruit has also been cultivated and consumed in other forms such as tamarind juice, pickled tamarind, tamarind syrup, and tamarind candy. Tamarind leaves are also used as a vegetable in many countries. And acid seeds are also edible after roasting, or soaked and boiled. Tamarind seeds can also be used for flour used in making bread or cake.
The content of the nutrients found in tamarind plant make this plant can also beneficial to nourish the body, prevent or treat the human body from various diseases, and some of the health benefits of tamarind as below
– Content of thiamin in tamarind fruit is useful for increasing the activity of nerve and muscle within the body.
– Niacin content in tamarind fruit is also beneficial to increase the level of good cholesterol and lowering levels of bad cholesterol in the body.
– Riboflavin content of the fruit acids help the body to release energy from carbohydrate thus increasing of energy production within the body.
– The content of vitamin C in tamarind fruit beneficial to promote healthy teeth and gums.
– The content high protein in tamarind fruit helps the body to produce antibodies which counteract the bacteria or virus attacks that enter the body
– The fiber content in fruit acids help metabolism system run more smoothly and avoid constipation disease.
– The content of magnesium and potassium in the tamarind useful to keep bones strong because it increases bone density thereby minimizing disease osteoporosis.
– Potassium is found in tamarind fruit is also useful for controlling blood pressure by controlling the influence of sodium in the body.
– High iron content in the fruit acids to minimize exposure anemia disease.
– The content of calcium in the tamarind fruit with the help of vitamin K is useful in the process of blood clotting in the body when injured.