Papaya Health Benefits
Knowing Papaya Health Benefits for Human Body
Papaya (Carica papaya) is a tropical plant, and included in the family Caricaceae of the genus Carica. Papaya fruit generally look pear shape with a size of about 7 Inc; the color is green when raw and turns yellow or orange color when it is ripe. Papaya fruit is also called by several names like pawpaw fruit, papaw, pepaya, lechosa, and mugua. Papaya fruit is one of fruits that many people like and eat because it tastes sweet, fresh, and soft, and in addition there are also a lot of papaya health benefits for human body because of the variation nutrients contained in papaya.
In general papaya plant will bear fruit after 3 years old. Papaya plants have stems that grow upright to a height of 5 to 10 meters, while the leaves of papaya has a diameter of about 20 to 28 inches with a shape like a spiral set. Papaya fruit has a thin skin and thick flesh, and amid the papaya fruit there is a cavity which contains many of the black papaya seeds, papaya seeds are encased in a coat mucin, and seeds of papaya can be eaten even if it was a bit bitter.
Papaya Nutrition Facts
There are a lot of content of the nutrients found in papaya that is good for human health, and papaya nutrition facts between the assessments are as follows Carbohydrates, Sugars, and Dietary fiber, Protein, Vitamins A, B complex, C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, and Sodium.
Papaya Health Benefits
A ripe pawpaw fruit is generally eaten raw without skin and seeds, but there are consuming a raw and used as a salad, or mixed with other vegetables, or used as a juice. Papaya leaves also have taken advantage of as a vegetable in various ways such as with pan-fried, and mixed with other foodstuffs, or boiled, even in Minahasa, Indonesia, papaya flower buds are also eaten with a named as vegetable papaya flowers, by sauteing pepapa flower buds, and then stirred and mixed with green peppers and tomatoes. And below are some papaya health benefits for humans.
– Content of vitamin A and flavonoids such as cryptoxanthins, zeanthin, lutein, and beta-carotene in papaya is useful for maintaining healthy eyes and skin. These compounds are recognize to also have antioxidant properties, so as to protect the body from oxygen-derived free radicals and reactive oxygen species (ROS) which have a role in the onset of various diseases and aging experienced by someone. Beta carotene is also known as a compound that can protect the body from oral cavity cancer and lung cancer.
– The content of vitamins B such as thiamin, riboflavin, pyridoxine, and folic acid is one of the papaya health benefits an important role in the metabolic system in the body in order to run smoothly.
– The content of vitamin C in fruit Papaw was among the highest among the other fruits, and vitamin C content of papaya provides health benefits as an antioxidant for the body thereby increasing the body’s immune because it can counteract free radicals present in the body thus making the body stronger against various diseases.
– Content of Potassium in the Papaw fruit is an important element of the cells and body fluids because it can help control blood pressure and heart rate against the effects of sodium.
– The content of the enzyme papain in papaya fruit is papaya health benefits in stone so that the process of digesting protein digestion in the body can work better to help the formation of various compounds of amino acids that are autointoxicating, or eliminate the formation of undesirable substances due to incomplete digestion thus helps minimize disease caused by ingestion of food that is not perfect as constipation, high blood pressure, diabetes, and arthritis. And another benefit of papain is its ability to regulate amino acids and remove toxins in the body so the immune system to attack a variety of diseases can be improved.
– The enzyme papain in papaya is in addition to accelerating the process of digestion of proteins, are also able to accelerate the process of digestion of fat and carbohydrate to be able to break down the meat fibers to more easily digested in the body, so it is not surprising that the papaya can be used fatherly make the meat more tender, and easier to eat.
– Papaya seeds also provide health benefits too, the seeds can treat infections of the abdomen, and ringworm because of papaya seeds has anti-parasitic, anti-inflammatory, and analgesic.
Although several papaya health benefits can be used for body health, but for women who are pregnant, or women who want to have children, they should not eat raw papaya fruit or half-ripe papaya fruit because it gives the effect of abortion, and so that it in several countries such as Peru, and Papua New Guinea papaya has been used as a contraceptive. Raw papaya fruit, seeds, leaves, and latex as well contain carpaine, and it is the alkaloid that can be dangerous if taken in high doses.