Mustard Green Plant
Mustard Green Plant Info
Mustard greens (Brassica juncea) belong to the family Curciferae which is a crop that leaves oval, smooth, and not hair. Mustard green plant is also called by the name of Chinese cabbage, mustard meatballs, caisin, and caisim. This mustard green plant came from the sub-Himalayan plains of the Indian subcontinent.
Mustard green plant is a crop of winter and the high and usually harvested throughout the body except the roots. Mustard greens fast flowering plant if planted in cool temperatures this plant will quickly flowering plants can reach 4-5 meters with golden yellow flowers, and usually young leaves of mustard greens are harvested when the plant reaches a height of about 2 meters are used as green leafy vegetables.
Stems from mustard greens short and slim sized plant. This plant has a root with a lot riding beside the shallow roots. Mustard seeds are small green plants and black-brown and contained in both sides of the bulkhead wall pods are plump.
Mustard green plant is one of the green leafy vegetables is most nutritious. Mustard green leaf vegetable that is green this indicates a high content of vitamin A, carotene, vitamin C and flavonoids.
Mustard green vegetable can be eaten raw, cooked, or mixed with other feed materials eg made juice, mixed vegetables with meatballs, mix ingredients for salad, sautéed, boiled, made pickles, and so on.
Mustard Green Nutrition
There are many nutrients in the mustard green plant, among others, are as follows Vitamin A, vitamin B complex, vitamin C, Vitamin E, vitamin K, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, selenium, zinc, sodium, potassium, fiber and protein. With the abundance of nutrients in the mustard green plant so many health benefits for those who regularly consume green mustard
Health Benefits of Mustard Green
- The nutrition ingredient in mustard greens efficacious for preventing cancer, hypertension, and heart disease; assist healthy digestive system; prevent and treat pellagra disease; and prevent pregnant women from anemia.
- Calorie and low fat with high fiber content causes the plant mustard greens are vegetables that are recommended in the weight loss program and control the level of cholesterol, also minimize chances of developing hemorrhoids, constipation, and colon cancer
- Vitamin A, C, E, beta carotene and other minerals such as iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium contained in fresh mustard greens useful as antioxidants which minimize the various diseases.
- The content of vitamin K in green mustard helpful in building bone mass so it will minimize bone from osteoporosis. It is also beneficial in limiting damage to the brain for patients affected by Alzheimer’s disease t.
- Folic acid content of mustard green vegetable is useful in the synthesis of DNA and when administered before and early pregnancy in pregnant women, then it could be useful to prevent neural tube defects in babies.
- Indoles, especially di-indolyl-methane (DIM) and sulforaphane has benefits against prostate disease, colon, and ovarian cancer based on inhibition of growth of their cancer cells, the cytotoxic effects on cancer cells.
- Vitamin A is contained in the mustard green nutrition is an essential component to maintaining healthy eyes and skin
- The content of flavonoids in green mustard plant is useful to help prevent disease lung cancer, and oral cavity.
Health benefits of mustard green plant helps the bodies become more healthy and robust against various diseases, and therefore make mustard green vegetables regularly consumed vegetables is a good thing to do.