Health Benefits of Pecans
Health Benefits of Pecans: Pecans Nutrition Facts
Pecans (Carya illinoinensis) part of the hickory family, and came from southern and central United States such as Arkansas, Alabama, Florida, Iowa, and Mexico. Pecan is one of the dried fruits that have been known many centuries ago in America and has become a popular food for the people there, because dried fruit is delicious to eat but also contain various nutrients which is the health benefits of pecans that could be harnessed for human health, and currently the United States is the world’s largest producer of pecans.
Pecans derived from the Algonquian word meaning nuts requiring a stone to crack. And the pecan tree is a large tree with a height of about 20 to 40 m and usually has a spread of 12 to 23 m, and trunk diameter up to 2 m.
Shelled pecans can be stored in the refrigerator can last for a year, and if kept in the freezer can last until 2 years while stored in a jar or a place that is placed on the spot at room temperature then it can last about 8 or 9 months.
Pecans Nutrition Facts
Pecan is one of the delicious healthy snacks to eat, and pecans contain a variety of nutrients that are beneficial to human health, and nutrition facts pecan include carbohydrates, dietary fiber, fat, protein, Vitamins A, B complex, C, E , K, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sodium, and Zinc
Health Benefits of pecans
There are many benefits both for the health benefits of pecans or for other purposes and benefits of pecans, among others are
• Pecans that have been dried can be eaten directly as a healthy snack, in addition to pecans could be consumed in other forms such as a topping for salads, or food that can be used in baking or bread
• The content of Omega 3 fatty acids in pecans can be helpful for heart patients korener, rheumatic problems, skin and digestion methods.
• Pecans rich in protein and fiber which is an organic energy source and is therefore not surprising that the fitness specialist advised to consume pecans after exercise
• Vitamin E is contained in the pecans beneficial to enhance the immune system because Vitamin E is an antioxidant that maintain organic integrity of mucous membranes and skin cells to protect against harmful free oxygen radicals that exist in the body.
• A high content of phyto-chemicals in the pecans is a substance that can cause the body’s antioxidant activity, poly-phenolic antioxidants including ellagic acid, vitamin E, beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin. These antioxidant substances may help the body to eliminate free radical compounds that help protect the body from various diseases such as infections and cancer.
• Anti-proliferative properties of ellagic acid in the pecans, the other health benefits of pecans are able to directly inhibit DNA binding of certain carcinogens such as nitrosamines and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, thus protecting the body from cancer.
• Vitamin B complex content such as niacin, riboflavin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, and folate, are other health benefits of pecans which i serves as a co-factor for the enzyme substrate for cellular metabolism.
• Assist the diet is other health benefit of pecans because of the adequate levels of protein, vitamins and minerals by eating a handful of pecans
• nutrient content of pecans helps keep your body to stay healthy, the results of research from scientists at California’s Loma Linda University showed that eating nuts Pecan can substantially reduce the risk of supporting the formation of coronary heart disease or cancer.
• Other studies show that eating pecans on a regular basis can help to reduce cholesterol levels in the body
If you want to be healthy and are looking for some healthy foods to be consumed on a regular basis then you can put pecans as one of healthy food suitable for consumption since there are many health benefits of pecans which can be obtained as above information.